Sunday, July 24

"This is SO going in my blog!" -Barney Stinson

I have been thinking about the concept of a blog. It seems to me that the process of writing out your thoughts, emotions, and day to day life and then publishing these thoughts for the world to see is maybe just a little, ever so slightly, quite possibly a tad narcissistic. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that all those bloggers out there (some my good friends) are narcissistic weirdos...heck if they are, I've just joined their ranks in full force!

I don't think that the narcissistic quality of blogging is necessarily a bad thing. The process of blogging is in the same vein as journaling. Therapeutically speaking, journaling can be a very helpful way to process thoughts and emotions, cope with stressful life events, or recognize patterns. From what I can tell, blogging offers similar benefits. The part that I'm still trying to figure out is why publish it? Is it the accountability? Is it the camaraderie? What is it about blogging?


And just for fun, here is a picture of Barney Stinson, the picture of Narcissistic Personality Disorder if I ever saw it. And if you don't watch HIMYM, shame on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment