Friday, July 22

Here we go again...

Well this is probably the 1,000,000th time I've attempted to start a blog. Every time I start, I delete it and think "who cares about what I would blog about??" I've started thinking that I know that I care and my mom will probably read it so maybe it will be worth it.

Next week is my last week of practicum at OLOP (Our Lady of Peace). For those of you new to my blog (Oh wait, that's everyone) I've been working with acute adolescents at an inpatient facility this past year. I wasn't super thrilled when I found out about my placement there (actually, I was slightly terrified) but this year has really changed my view of what I want to be when I grow up. Before, I thought I would never (and I mean NEVER) want to work with children or teenagers. It just seemed like it would be frustrating and extremely difficult. Well...it is! The shocking part here is that I actually like it. This year I have grown to see that I really do like working with teenagers. Crazy right?

After I wrap up  next week I'm off to D.C. to present some research at the APA convention (woohoo!) and then I'm taking the train up to NYC to visit my good friend Lindsay. I'm very excited about it all, especially having two whole weeks off. For those of you who don't know, my program doesn't lend itself to time off very well. Usually even when I have time off from classes, I don't have time off work, practicum, or my graduate assistantship on campus (GA). Oh the fun I will have. I need a break. I have been doing too much of this lately:


While I would rather be doing this:


Haven't seen that smile in a while!


Mark and I are celebrating our second wedding anniversary this Monday. We are taking some time off and headed up to West Baden Springs near the French Lick Resort in Indiana. They have a casino (for Mark), a spa (for me), horseback riding, hiking and biking trails, bowling, food, a nearby winery, and swimming. It will be a nice two-day getaway. I may even bring my brand new pink bike with me!

This post has been all over the place. I will get this blogging thing down, but for now enjoy the madness that is my thought process and hang on for the ride.

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So excited you're blogging. I will definitely be reading. Can't believe your 2 year is already coming up. Sounds like a lovely weekend y'all have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now a follower too...reading and writing blogs are the perfect procrastination activities. :)

    ReplyDelete