Monday, November 7

i am down one pretend dog.

My relationship with Lucky the dog is O.V.E.R.

No longer will I worry about him and stress over whether or not he's going to get hit by a car on the side of the road. No longer will I feel sorry for him because it's cold and rainy and he's wet and covered in mud. No longer will I silently (or not so silently) curse his owners for their lack of appropriate limits on poor Lucky.

I was having a particularly annoying day last week when I was driving home, trying to get into a better mood. Then what do you know, I see Mr. Lucky prancing down the street. I finally decided I was going to take actions into my own hands and take him to his owners. My plan was to simply let them know I had seen him on the side of the road and was worried he might get hit, not tell them that this has been going on for over a year and I'm fed up. So I pull my car over, turn my hazards on, and get out to go check his collar. As soon as I got out of the car, he turned to look at me and began wagging his tail. I was immediately filled with self-satisfaction and happiness. It was short-lived though because he came right up to me and angry howled in my face and then took off running in the other direction. HOW RUDE!?? I mean here I am trying to Save Your Life, Lucky and you are back talking and AWOLing!

Now the plan is to just let him be , not just say I am like last time. I am also going to resist the urge to put my fingers in my ears when Mark keeps telling me he was right all along about Lucky. Also, RUDE.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda. I truly love you. & all of your blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete